So last week, while I was out of town (sneaky people that you are) I got tagged to participate in the Lucky 7! And not once, but TWICE. First was Candice Bundy and the second was TJMichaels, but oddly enough I can’t find that tag on TJ’s blog. I saw her announcement fly by on facebook while I was rushing out to my cousin’s wedding! (More on that to come later this week or next) So does that mean I have to tag 14 people? Wouldn’t that be scary? I think I’ll stick with 7, but I guess to prove I love all you folks, I’ll give you TWO excerpts from 2 different manuscripts. Does that sound fair?
The rules for this one are quite simple:
- Go to page 77 of your current ms.
- Go to line 7.
- Copy down the next 7 lines/sentences, and post them as they’re written. No cheating.
- Tag 7 other victims, …er, authors.
OK, So, since I get to share TWO manuscripts, I’m going to start with the one that published on the 27th, since, well, it was technically still a manuscript when I was Tagged. :D
So, for my first one – from Lone Wolf, I went to page 77, copied 7 lines. I promise, I didn’t fudge this at all!
Two men. Two voices. Krystal held her eyes closed, studying her situation. She was in a sitting position, her hands above and held at either side of her head. She could feel the hard edge of steel cuffs about her wrists. Cold, hard cement was beneath her. The room smelled of dank animal scents and straw. The urge to cover her nose was overwhelming, but she didn’t want to let the bastards know she was awake.
“Good. The tiger experiment failed. This one will work.”
Can you GET a more intriguing 7 lines by pure luck?
The second one was harder, because my program doesn’t count the pages unless I set it up to print. So, for the sake of this, I set it up to print. :) Just for you guys. The work? It’s Cougar’s Fate, the 3rd in the Maxey Wizards series. Again, talk about lucky on the 7th line of page 77!
Jared snarled when Conrad smirked at his pain and fury. Jared dragged himself upright, wishing the bastard would step closer. Just two feet nearer, so he could rip that damned electrical rod out of his hand. If he could get control of his magick, he could send a bout of his newly learned fire, burning the bastard’s clothes. But with the obviously bespelled cuffs around his ankles and wrists, as well as the electricity still bouncing through the cells in his body, there was no way he could focus.
But he wasn’t above trying. Jared reached for his magick, swallowing the pain and need to gasp for air.
Yes, that’s seven lines in my program. Now maybe that’s why this is the lucky 7. I have some great lines on pages 77 and line 7. LOL. Wooohoo!
Ok, now who to pick? Letssseeeee.
- Vivienne Westlake -Of whom I’m just terribly jealous of her beauty (and hair).
- Crista McHugh who is my husband’s FAVORITE author. Yes, he said that. Sad, isn’t it? I’m not even his favorite!
- Alexia Reed – who had to tolerate me at a conference as I was dying from a cold (Yes, I always feel like a cold is killing me). I’m such a whiner.
- Kristen Koster, of Impulsive Hearts - I just LOVE her writing!! You’ll have to check out all of her page to see it!
- Elise Logan or Emily Ryan Davis. I’m putting them both here as one, because I know they share their blog and are always working on projects together. You have to check out their books, folks! Really!
- Jodi Henley – My roommate for two RWA conferences so far, and she hasn’t even killed me yet! Is that awesome or what? Course after this…. Ya never know. But if you want to learn to write, Jodi is the gal for you! She’s got great ideas on the art of the craft!
- Stephanie Draven – last but definitely not least, the Rita Award Nominee, Stephanie Draven! Course you may have to wait to see her post until she comes down from the clouds. And also, let me offer my BIG TIME CONGRATS for her to be so honored! Stephanie, we love you! Sorry I can’t be there this year to see you win!
There you have it! Now to catch these ladies’ attention and let them know they’ve been tagged!